Show Your Skills to the World! Earn Cash
- You must send us a pitch or preview before starting work on the final concept.
- Your tutorial must be your original work and not published elsewhere.
- You will need to format your tutorial as per the format outlined on the King Tutz site you want to write for.
- Your tutorial may be edited prior to publishing.
If the tutorial is accepted:
- you grant a license to readers to use the knowledge and demonstrated effects shown in the tutorial in their own projects without reference to yourself, Newfire or this site. They may not reproduce the tutorial itself, but they can use the techniques you teach.
- you grant a license to Newfire to be the exclusive publisher of the tutorial online. You may republish extracts online – for example on your own site – however the tutorial in its entirety should not appear elsewhere. You may also republish the tutorial offline in any way you wish – e.g. sell it to a magazine, submit it to a book.
- you consent to the full tutorial, extracts, samples or examples from it appearing in other Newfire sites, products and services.
Credit All Sources and Use Common Sense
Always credit your sources
When you credit your sources, it’s clear that you aren’t trying to hide something. For tutorial submissions it also lets our editors check that the tutorial is acceptable.
Use common sense and Err to the side of caution
There are no hard and fast rules about copyright. Beware of “rules” like ‘copying 40% is OK’, there’s no such thing. And remember that even aside from exact words or images, it can be the idea or principle. If you think something might not be OK, then trust your gut and don’t do it.
Tutorial Acceptance and Payment
Please note, not all tutorials will be accepted. We only accept tutorials that match the site’s standards of both writing and tutorial content.
If your tutorial is accepted, payment will be made in the first week of the next month after you invoice. Please note that if we gain evidence in this time that the tutorial or source images used in the tutorial have been plagiarized we will take the tutorial off the site and payment will not be made.
Each King Tutz site has unique requirements for tutorial formatting. You should be familiar with these before you start working on your tutorial. To view these requirements, follow the relevant link below:
Get Feedback BEFORE Writing the Full Tutorial
You can send in a tutorial pitch to us for review prior to writing the whole tutorial. If you’re writing for a graphics related King Tutz site, this should include a JPG preview image. This will save you time in instances where the tutorial/final product is not what we are looking for. You can do this by clicking the relevant link below:
How to Submit
Completed Submissions can be made via: